* Date: October 16, Friday
* A panel of judges: Screening will be entrusted to the following panel of judges:
and meaning of the Audio Excellence
These awards were established thirty years ago with the aim of contributing to the evolution of audio culture and market vitalization. The purpose of these awards is to select prospective best-selling or long-selling genuine preeminent devices featuring superior performance, innovation and audio spirit, from a host of pure audio components brought into the world each year. The distinguished characteristic of these prizes is impartial evaluation by a panel of judges consisting of audio critics having a profound technological knowledge and judges from distributors well versed in the competitiveness of products in the market.
1. Products that comply with the above-cited "purpose and meaning of the Preeminent Device Prizes".
2. Models never awarded the Audio Excellence Awards in the past. However, models that have undergone minor changes or version-up are ineligible.
3. Models due to be unveiled or put on the market by the end of 2009.
4. Genuine audio products. System products, general products and audio & visual products are ineligible. #including multi-channel amplifiers
5. Products already on the market including those available in a limited period of time until the coming year-end of 2009 to New Year's Days period of 2010.
6. A cable section and an accessories section will be in November, 2008 and afterwards the thing of sale.
Digital audio players (CD/SACD/DVD-audio,Universal player,Network player etc.)
Separate digital audio players (transport/DAC)
Integrated amplifiers (including vacuum tube amplifiers/CD amplifiers/Receiver)
Pre-amplifiers (including vacuum tube amplifiers)
Main amplifiers (including vacuum tube amplifiers)
Multi-channel amplifiers (inculuding quality-conscious AV amplifiers)
Analog disk related devices (players, cartridges, EQ phono amplifiers, step-up transformers, etc.)
Related devices (FM tuner, headphones, electric power units, fader, subwoofers, etc.)
Three major prizes, special prizes and other prizes will be selected on the basis of evaluation by the consensus or poll of judges.
of prize winners
* Quarterly "Audio Accessory No.135"
* Quarterly "analog"
* the December issue of "Senka 21"
* the special edition of this magazine "Best Compo 2010" (reported in detail)
* "Phile-web"(reported immediately at http://www.phileweb.com/)